Sunday, April 1, 2012

Last Days in Arusha

Hi, guest bloggers Leslie and John here. We've had a fantastic few days in Arusha, hanging with the kids, and checking out the local sights.
Even the animals vied for my attention!
We drove out to Maji Moto one day with a group of Carl and PJ's friends. After about 3 hours - 1 1/2 of which was on a dusty, bumpy track - I was beginning to wonder if these hot springs were really worth it! But they definitely were! Gorgeous clear blue, warm water. Both Kaia and Theo were right in there. Here are PJ and Theo contentedly floating along with the small current.
Kaia and John happily painted one morning.
Snack break on our hike around Diluti Lake. We didn't see anything very unusual except a small deer - daika I think. The kids made it about half way before clambering on John and PJ's backs. Note Theo's pants tucked into his socks. Just in case of doo-doos (bugs) and snakes!!
My friend Viviane sent along some wooden dolls for Kaia to colour. They were a hit! I did one too!!! In case you are interested, their names are Red and Pink.
The car suffered a bit after that trip to the hot springs - overheated radiator and non-working battery - fortunately John knows alot about cars. Here he is giving PJ some pointers for next time.

2 comments:

  1. I think I remember those hot springs....Lindy saw a monitor lizard on the way to use the bathroom. Well worth the trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an amazing piece of writing in support of all the web people; they will take advantage from it I am sure.

    Feel free to surf to my page - Code Psn Gratuit (http://Www.Dailymotion.com/video/x103361_code-psn-gratuit-generateur-de-code-psn)

    ReplyDelete