Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mommy's Home!!

I am back from Rwanda!!!  Arrived yesterday.  Awesome trip and I will do a nice long blog about it soon.

I arrived at Melanie's later than expected and (not so) patiently awaited Carl's arrival.  The long awaited reunion with my beautiful family!!  After about 20 minutes I called and he said 'Oh, that's great.  We are at the grocery store.  Should we come now or stop and get some fruit?'  Seriously?!?

I was thrilled to see everyone again... the kids looked so much older!  Is that crazy?  I was showered with drawings and booklets that were handmade by Kaia (and a toy horse from Theo that he just happened to be holding when the car pulled up).

Today was just perfect.  They were both perfectly behaved, so polite, and utterly hilarious.  Everything they did was too cute and I laughed for most of the day away.  I missed them SO much!!!  I also went a little camera crazy...

 These are the necklace and bracelets that Kaia made for me this morning.  The pendant is a rainbow. 
This is the castle Kaia and I made this morning.  Theo had been out with Carl and when he saw it he said 'It is so pretty!  Thank you so much for making this for me.'  Love it!!

This is Theo finding a monster grasshopper in my lettuce garden.  The kids know by now... this means chicken food!!  Can you see the grasshopper?  We have so many on these enormous guys.

 Blowing bubbles.  Why doesn't this EVER get boring?

 
 And finishing the day in the...

 
 ... bubbliest bath that we could possibly make.

3 comments:

  1. nice to have you back Pamela and happy to hear you had a good time
    i could not see the grasshopper,too much like the lettuce, which by the way looked great!
    gorgeous jewellery by Kaia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see Rwanda...what brought you there....Love to everyone At your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mom, hi Roxanne ... It is sooooo nice to have Mommy back! The kids are thrilled! Roxanne - PJ planned just in the last few weeks a trip with her friend Melanie to Rawanda. Just interest! They loved it!

    ReplyDelete