Sunday, June 10, 2012

Mommy's Run

Lately I have been running in the living room on Saturday mornings.
Carl, Amina, Moses, and Salim are all here so it works out really well.
Well I missed yesterday and thought I would try today.
Carl had to get some work done so it was just me today.
I thought I would try anyway.

A mother's workout... by PJ
950... Can't figure out how to turn on the Wii.  Try to call Carl.  Carl's phone is off, network is bad.  Try texting a few times.
1000... Finally get through.  Kids start fighting.
1005... Fight sorted.  Call Carl back.  Learn (again) how to work the Wii.
1008... Power goes out.  No problem.  I need to change anyway.  Theo has to come with me.  I can't be more than one step ahead of him or he flips out.  Progress is slow.
1012... Kids want to run too.  We all need running shorts, shirts, socks, and shoes.
1020... Kaia wants to brush her teeth.  Theo too.
1025... Kaia wants to take the braids out of her hair and have it be all fluffy for the run.  Theo too.
1035...Back downstairs.  Power is back on.  Turn on the hot water for showers and rev up the Wii again.  Kids still need shoes.
1040... Wii characters come up.  Kaia's character says hi.  Where is Theo's?  He hasn't done his fitness test yet.  Can we do it now?  Ok.  But we have to find the balance board.
1045... Found it!!  Ahhh.  Batteries are dead.  We have to find the new batteries.
1050... Found and replaced batteries.  Wii board still doesn't work.  Pity.
1055... Wii is chatting.  Tip of the Day?  How have I been sleeping?  Where has Carl been lately?
1058... Start my 30 min run.  Darn it.  I forgot to put on the music.
1100... Oops, shut the Wii off on accident trying to pause.  Have to start from the beginning.  Running again.  Kaia runs the first 5 minutes with me.
1105... She is thirsty.  She wants milk.  Carton is almost empty.  Crisis.  PAUSE.
1110... Running again.  Another 5 minutes.  Kids have milk  But I am thirsty.  Could Kaia grab me some water?  Sure. She comes back with 'lemonade'.  And poured herself and Theo some too.  But oops.  Those are left over mojitos.  Better deal with this.  PAUSE.
1120... Running again.  Got a good 10 minutes in too.  Theo has to pee.  Needs help with his shorts.  PAUSE.
1125... Running again.  Maybe 2 minutes.  But turns out it was a poop.  Needs his bum wiped.  PAUSE.
1130... Running again.  I hear fighting but ignore it.  No visible blood.  Oops.  Stepped on someone's toes.  So sorry.  Stand back please!  Just keep running.  Puppy in the house!  Ignore it.  Just keep running.  Finish my last 8 minutes.
1140... I DID IT!!!  We joyously watch my Wii character jump around in celebration.

Want to hear about the bath that took another hour and a half?
I know exactly where my days go!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot of patience Pamela!
    Hang in there now.

    ReplyDelete