Monday, October 3, 2011

Chicken Cake

So Carl worked AGAIN this Saturday.  Sigh.  But Sunday was awesome and we sure do appreciate him all the more when he has been away.  On Sunday we welcomed our new neighbors, a German couple with a 16 month old daughter and a baby on the way.  We were hoping Melanie would move in but this is a nice compromise.

This weekend also marks a huge house transition.  People here get a month off each year.  Moses AND Saidi are on holiday in October.  Huge transition with Amy and Pray also leaving last week.  It took about 2 minutes to adjust to Peeoos the new gardener.  They love him.  His name is funny and when he says it he exaggerates the vowels and I just want to laugh.  I think maybe it is a Swahili version of Pierce.  We haven't gotten to know Alex the new night guard very well yet.

Kaia is coming home lately from school sporting a tough of a British accent for an hour or so after school.  I am trying in earnest to get it on video.

I think there is something a little off here.  Look at him sizing my up.  This is his guilty 'I wonder how much trouble I am going to get in for this' face.  I only left for a second.  I swear!!


And here is is on his best behavior holding the gate for everyone.  He loves to get the gate and if we are anywhere in the yard at home and someone comes to the gate he will run giggling to help open it for them.  If he is anywhere in the schoolyard and notices it has been left open he will go close it.  He can even lock it too.

And what is wrong with this picture?  This is not the relaxing yoga I remember from pre-child days?  

Here is baby Jan, pronounced Yahn or or Yawn if you are gentle on the w.  A very Dutch name, and the adopting parents are Dutch.  His birth name is January.  Funny name for a baby born in September.  He is 3 weeks old and weights about 3.5k.  Feels like yesterday that Theo was this small.  Time goes too fast.  Very cute, good sleeping and eating habits, stinky poops!!  Amy is doing great with him so far and the day, night, and weekend nannies do tone down the new parent syndrome quite a bit.

 Interestingly, of the two of them Theo was the most into the baby, couldn't keep his eyes off him.

And I thought I would also show off today's creation.  Meli I hope you are so proud!!  I went to Claudia's for playgroup like usual and she casually says... 'So... I was thinking we could make a Chicken Cake today.'  Hmmm.  How can you answer that other than with a resounding 'YES, of coarse!  I thought you would never ask!!'   Notice how our fancy rooster lays Easter Eggs :) 

5 comments:

  1. WELL THIS IS GRANDMA
    SO AMY CAN VISIT WITH HER NEW CHARGE I SEE.
    HOW IS PRAY DOING?
    THE CAKE IS GREAT LOOKING!
    WHAT NICE MANNERS THEO HAS,HOLDING THE GATES FOR EVERYONE.
    MAYBE A PLAYMATE FOR THEO WITH THE NEIGHBOUR'S CHILD AROUND 16 MONTHS OF AGE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say that we only have ONE nanny, ma'am! And she works at night. Except tomorrow, when she will keep him so I can go shopping with you. :)
    Grandma Love--Pray is doing well, but misses Kaia!

    ReplyDelete