Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

I don't know how many of you remember this but Traveling Loves first entry ever was for Halloween 2010.  So this marks our 1st Anniversary blogging.  I hope you have enjoyed our story.

So what did we do this year?  Honestly I was feeling a little lazy and preoccupied with the garden so when Amy jestfully offered to host a party at my house I jumped at the offer.  I did help of coarse.
 Our lovely hosts.

 Teo was a Maasai warrior this year.  

 Kaia insisted on being a princess which was easy schmeezy for me.  But when it came time to get dressed she was sad she didn't have something new to wear.  I felt terrible.  Pray just HAD to be Green Lantern.  Supermom Amy made him the costume by hand.  Her first sewing experience.  I am so proud.

 We did the donut game again since it was such a huge hit last year. This time Teo was old enough to play too.

 But he is only one after all.
 Pray caught himself an apple 2 years in a row.  This time the stems were much shorter though and he had to WORK for that apple!!  We finally found a technique of taking a deep breath, pushing the apple to the bottom of the bucket, and biting hard.  Awesome kid, he did it!

 Pumpkin brownies this year.  I did these and am pretty proud.  Big hit too.

Teo was pretty excited about them.
 
 
And on Halloween day Kaia and I carved a pumpkin.  The flowers in the hair was my idea, a blast my own youth, but the large petals as ears and a tongue was all her.  Go Kaia.

2 comments:

  1. WELL THAT PUMPKIN WAS REALLY CUTE.WE DID NOT HAVE ONES LIKE THAT HERE IN COBOURG.
    THE NUMBERS 'SHELLING OUT' OR 'TRICK OR TREATING' WERE DOWN BY HALF THIS YEAR.
    GRANDPA LOVES GIVING THE GOODIES OUT AT THE DOOR EACH YEAR AND I THINK HE WAS SECRETLY DIS APPOINTED THERE WERE FEWER KIDDIES.I BELIEVE IT IS BECAUSE WE LIVE ON A CRESCENT AND MAYBE MORE INDOOR PARTIES,THE WEATHER HOWEVER WAS PERFECT. THOUGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute about Fred. Sorry you didnt have any more people this year. i miss it too!!

    ReplyDelete