Friday, October 14, 2011

Waiiiiting...

Waiting Waiting Waiting.  The 2 1/2 days we had to wait between the weekend and the holiday took forever!!  But we always have fun :)

 I had my first ever pedicure compliments of Amy for my bday.  I chose purple to match the dress I have been trying to finish.  It was motivating because I did finally finish that dress!!  The material is too rough though and now I have to try washing it 50 times to see if it falls better.  Oh, and pedis are the best thing ever!!

 Theo has been working on his back bend.  He has a respectable yogic bridge so far.  As always he is pretty proud!!

So while he was busy I kept busy.  Craft Wednesday continues and here is our next attempt at concrete leaves.  Way bigger than our last ones and upping the stakes with reinforcement.  They are at Claudia's house but I am so excited to get back out there and see how they turned out.

 And the new game?
Kaia:  Theo now you are the ghost
Kaia:  Ahhhhh!!!!!
Kaia (lifting blanket):  oh it's just you Theo

 And in reverse?
Kaia:  Now I will be the ghost
Theo:  Ahhhhhhhhh!!
Kaia (lifting blanket):  Oh Theo, it's just me

And now it is BREAK!!!  We don't have much planned.  With all the rains everything in the garden is growing so fast you wouldn't ever believe it.  It took less than a week for our completely brown grass to turn a lush green.  And the rain is perfect, it rains all night so you get to listen to it while you sleep, and then it is beautiful and sunny and even hot during the day.  PERFECT!!  The entire country looks different and I plan on spending all my spare time (and most of Carl's) in the garden.  It is doing much better than last year at this time when we were just discovering our nematode and other infestation problems.

Otherwise, nice food, nice coffee, nice cuddles, maybe a few nights away, maybe a few nights in Moshi, lots of playdates.  I was hoping to camp but don't know how much fun it will be with all this rain. 

Power continues to be incredible by the way.  2 weeks now.  Music AND brewing coffee AND heating water for a shower feels too gluttonous.  Amazing how quickly you get used to it though.  I will miss it when life goes back to reality.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Theo!!! That's impressive. Their new game looks like fun, too. See you soon...work out Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theo should be very proud. Way better than me!! Pedis rock!

    Gramma L and Tia Leslie

    ReplyDelete