Friday, December 2, 2011

Elderberries

I have a BOIL in my ARMPIT!!!
It is awful, just awful.  I will spare you the pic.  You know how Theo loves to grab on to my armpits?  Well it turned into pinching and one day when his nails were abnormally long he cut me pretty good.  I can only assume that is what started this whole mess because it is in the same place.  5 days now.  I thought it was doing better but ran into the doc at school today and she gasped when she saw it.  So I went to see the homeopath and will go with that approach till Monday. If that fails it is antibiotics for me :(  Will keep you posted.
AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

MOSES...
Interesting news to report.  Moses has a new pair of shorts.  They are a navy blue pair of what appear to be silk boxers with big white stars on them like an American Flag.  They are SO funny!!!  But I feel funny asking for a pic to show you, I wouldn't want to embarrass him, but I may have to sneak a pic if he keeps wearing them!!

 Elderberry Syrup
 We harvested Claudia's Elderberry flowers and I made my first attempt at homemade syrup.  I tossed in a few mint leaves to spice things up a bit.

 After 24 hours of marinating in sugar water.

Theo was shockingly helpful and Kaia took the pics.


This family project made 2 bottles.  We are set for ages... especially since the kids don't even like it all that much :)

3 comments:

  1. Well we had an elder berry bush/small tree in our garden in Brighton .THE BERRIES WERE used 'in the old days' to make wine and jelly.I wonder if it is the same variety.
    I NEVER DID DO ANYTHING WITH THE BERRIES AS I DID NOT LIKE THE TASTE OF THEM EITHER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers have an alright taste in my opinion... a little tree-ie though. I still haven't seen any berries on her trees. Should the flowers turn to berries at some point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to reply earlier but something went amiss.
    In our climate the berries were ripe by early fall.
    The beautiful white flowers were there in the late spring.I really liked that multi branching bush tree and pruned it about every other year in the spring but it grew back quickly each time.Very resilient and bug resistant and gave us privacy in that corner of the garden.

    ReplyDelete