Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Construction

Had a bad driving experience today.  There are three roads through town.  The north road is longer but faster, the city road is shortest but always congested, and the short-cut with is very very bumpy but pretty free of traffic.  Ironically both the north road AND the shortcut are under construction right now.  Best way to school right now is straight through town.  Already contested, you can imagine how it is now that the other roads are under construction.

There are lots of robbery ploys here to get you to stop, pull over, or get out of your car.  Basically you don't stop for anything, no matter how terrible it looks.  If there is actually something really wrong then there is always a crowd of local people ready to help.  If not, then it is probably a ploy.  Single women are obvious targets.  One such ploy is for a biker to slam into your car... you will then stop to make sure he is alright.  Today it happened to me and it was terrible.  I knew for a fact I hadn't done anything, I wasn't even moving when he hit me, but it was so hard to continue driving as if nothing had happened.  Traffic was slow and he and his friends kept running along beside me trying to get me to get out of the car.  It took a few blocks for the traffic to lighten up and then everything was fine but I am really not looking forward to my next drive across town.  Can't wait for the short-cut to be fixed.

 I usually meet my tutoring student in the performance area and sometimes Kaia's class comes in at the same time for PE.  I love watching them.  Here she is walking along the balance beam.  I think she has a great style.  I never choose her clothes anymore, only her.  She is wearing a sundress with leggings under and a long sleeve shirt over.  Somehow it totally works.  Today she also snuck her dress up shoes into her schoolbag.  Sneaky girl :)

 Theo had a workout of his own today.  He loves the trampoline!!  About 5 hours after this photo was taken he had an underarm temp of 103F.  Poor guy.  He is doing better today.  Hoping for a healthy boy tomorrow.

 A friend of ours (actually many of our friends) have a trampoline.  When we pulled out of the driveway this is what we saw.  Lucky tortoise.  I didn't know they even had one, definitely wasn't keeping an eye out for him.  

 And speaking of inappropriate animals, what is wrong with this picture?  Carl is going to flip when he realizes I pulled out the camera before chasing him out? 

Double-And I am pretty sure there is a frog under my desk as I type.  I would check but the power is out and you all know the status of our flashlights.

 My darling Kaia.  She made this new dress for Kuna yesterday.  'Mommy I want to sew'.  Ahhh, she knows how to schmooze.  So the dress is cut out of one of her old socks.  She knotted the ribbon together over and over again to make the belt. 

 AND (with some help) she sewed on the first 5 of these hanging beads at the bottom!!  I am really really proud of her... for wanting to, for having the patience to sit down and work on it for so long, and for doing such a good job!!

And here is Kuna today.  Lounging at the beach.  
Ta-ta for now.

4 comments:

  1. KAIA YOU DID A VERY NICE JOB MAKING CLOTHES FOR BARBIE AND I SAW A PICTURE OF YOU ON THE BALANCE BAR...........WELL DONE DEAR.
    THEO I WAS HAPPY TO HEAR YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND ENJOYED THE TRAMPOLINE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, the dutiful grandmother comment :) Don't take Carl too seriously. And yes, isn't Kaia awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL THIS WORKING AGAIN
    ICOMMENTED ON THESE PICS IN AN E MAIL
    NOW I WILL SEE IF I CAN SEND THE COMMENTS

    ReplyDelete