Sunday, May 22, 2011

More Goat

Feels like forever since I posted.  Happy to report we are all healthy again.

First and foremost...  My precious mother had a cancer scare.  And while I share all the little details of our lives I have kept to myself what has preoccupied my mind and thoughts most for weeks now.  We are so happy that it was a false alarm and all the tests have come back negative.  Thanks to God.  We love you Mom!!

 That's right.  More friends leaving.  This time it is a woman who came just a month or so before us.  She has a daughter who was only 5 months at the time and is now already 2.  She is my crunchy friend, she loves to bake and make pretty things.  Very sad she is moving on.

 Power has been fine lately!!  We are 3 days into the dates they threatened the 15 hours cuts and nothing has changed.  Newest threat starts Monday... 4 days of no power 6-11pm.  No problem.  Here we are enjoying our power by chatting with Grandma.  I love how Theo is dangling off the table to get a good view.

 Preparing to travel.  Kids are going to have to get used to sleeping at different places.  Here Theo has fallen asleep on Melanie's lap.  She is our our easy going, life is always sunny, German friend.  Kaia fell asleep on the couch to the drone of adult conversation.  It was a great night and hopefully an indication of what our North American travels will be like.

 Our rear view mirror has fallen off again.  I refuse to drive until it is fixed by Carl is much more adaptive than I.  He just holds it up when he wants to see something.

 Melanie gave us an outfit for Theo that her 1 year old daughter had outgrown.  Before I even had a chance to try it on Theo, Kaia was already sporting it around the house.  Yesterday we went through all our hand-me-down clothes to see what fit her now.  For an hour she tried on cloths cheerfully without complaint.  What will we do with her when she is in high school!!!

Theo kept busy too.  He likes to take my fabrics and spread them out flat on the floor.  Then pick them up and drag them around the house.  Then spread them out, and drag, spread, drag.  Silly boy.

11 days till we fly like birds.

1 comment:

  1. hey what happened to my blog?I know I posted one about the goat and how life like it was and asked what it was all about.
    Your car is a challenge to drive.Wait until you are home,we have cars with rearview mirrors that remain in place,car door windows that roll up and down and are lockable!Wow what next.
    Theo doesn't make it easy for himself watching on Skype......I can hardly wait to meet him and see Kaia again...and of course the two of you.
    Happy everyone is well again!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete