Monday, May 9, 2011

Wapi Power?

Where's the power???

All I have to report today is the looming power outage schedule.  I guess 6 days a week of alternating 8am-6pm or 6pm-11pm outages weren't enough.  Since we use mainly  hydro power you would expect the power situation to be better during the rainy season.  But no, the power seems to still be politically driven solely by upcoming elections.

The newest announcement states that from May 19-May 26 we will have no power 8am-11pm.  You can read the pathetic excuses here.

You would think we could just invest in some beautiful candles and light them and enjoy the silence when the power is out.  That is the dream.  But the candles are cheap and drip all over the floors or the wicks are so bad that they just don't light at all.  Only 1 in 10 matches actually light.  And the neighbors just invested in a really loud generator.  But most critically I have a load of Christmas presents I am trying to sew and that is so much easier with a sewing machine.

Sigh.  I think I am just getting homesick.  The grass is always greener.  23 days!

And... I haven't mentioned Mother's Day yet :)  Carl and the kids had a beautiful bouquet of roses for me, a nice new package of herbal infusions, and (Kaia in particular insisted upon) a lollipop.   We enjoyed  mojitos in the garden and a nice cup of steaming coffee after a lazy afternoon brunch.  Lovely day.  I love my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment