Sunday, December 12, 2010

Maria's Shower

Welcome Home Daddy!!

 As we neared the end of our time alone together things began to unravel a little bit.  I had a few free minutes this morning and thought it would be a brilliant idea to make bread.  Why didn't I just sit down and put my feet up?  A few minutes after this photo was taken one of the plastic containers opened and spilled over the floor.  It was full of little dried fish for the dog.  I should have foreseen that!  Good times.

 We did make bread though.  Turned out much better than last time.

A few hours later after nursing Theo I realized I hadn't seen Kaia in a while.  I looked everywhere for her!!  Our house is caged in by The Wall so I knew she had to be somewhere.  After checking inside twice and outside once I finally found her curled up in this closed closet fast asleep.  So deeply asleep that she didn't even wake when I called her name in the room.  She had been hiding from Theo.  Pretty good spot!!

 In the afternoon we had a Baby Shower for Maria, one of the mothers in the carpool.  She is due late December but has a scheduled c section on the 21st.  We are so excited to have a birthday buddy for Theo.  This is the card I made for her, it should match the room nicely.  On the way out of the house I had to come back inside 3 times because each time I left I forgot Kaia's shoes!!   The last time I left the house I also left my purse so I don't have any photos from the shower.  It was meant to be a kid-less event but there were 3 there in total and they were an handful!!

While I was making Maria's card Kaia wanted to make one too.  Those are full moons and stars.  We forgot to bring it.

I can hear Carl finishing up with the kids in the bath.  It is so nice to hear his voice in the house again.  Looking forward to a relaxing evening with him trying to recoup and gear up for the last hectic week before the break.

1 comment:

  1. What a good hiding spot Kaia I assume Theo never found you and even Mommy had a hard time looking for you.
    Gosh Pamela the bread looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete