Friday, December 3, 2010

Pink Day

Another day of missing Carl.  Today he came home at 410 only to leave again at 415 to chaperon the school dance tonight.  No joke.  Kids were SO happy to see him though!!  Theo laughed harder than he did the whole day with me!!

 Today was one color day at school.  Kaia woke up and said she wanted to wear orange.  Then she realized she had no orange clothes.  So she decided on pink.  She has quite a few of those!  Unfortunately she has been getting sick in the car on the way to school some days.  We can't figure out what is causing it.  It only happens on days that I don't drive her (except once) and only in the mornings.  So today she threw up on her clothes and had to change her cute little pink tops for the purple spare one she keeps at school.  She still looked super cute though.

 Theo and I helped Moses sand down some of the chairs that I am painstakingly slowly still trying to refurbish.  Theo likes to play with the hammer, washers, nuts, and bolts.  OR in Kiswahili... Theo anapenda kucheza hamma, washa, nuti na bolti.

 Music Makers.  Grumpy Guses.  SO cute!

I really love my Theo mornings!  On Fridays the carpoolers have been meeting for lunch for some downtime to end the week.  Today we arrived a little early and they had this little table that plays music etc, etc.  And, before the big kids came thundering in, he had it all to himself.

As much fun as Theo can be he fights sleep so hard!  And with Kaia's schedule to keep up with I often don't have the time to put him down for a nice nap in the bed.  Today he didn't sleep AT ALL except for a few catnaps in the car.  And tonight, with Carl gone at the dance, I had them both in bed at 615!!  What in the world and I going to do all night? 
Commence thumb twiddling... followed by couch potatoing.

2 comments:

  1. I guess it's hard for both of you and children when Carl has to spend extra time at school.Not much fun.
    I just noticed the pictures labelled 'Kaia'that were under the photo on the main page.I remember them on the Bucket site.
    Theo was smiling there when he had the musical table to himself.
    A lovely pic of Kaia in pink.Her car sickness might be do to the way the others drive?Does she have to leave shortly after eating?I understand the roads are not in the best of shape.
    Never mind,holidays soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am experimenting with that Kaia page... thought I would just put the best pics but have such a hard time picking only a few!!

    We tried putting her to bed really early so she woke up early and had time to eat earlier before leaving but on Friday that didn't work either. Will try that again though. The roads aren't the best but drivers are trying to take paved roads and it isn't helping either. I feel terrible that she is sick so much!

    I don't mind being home with them... we have tons of fun!! But we miss Daddy. And getting a break isn't the worst thing either...

    ReplyDelete