Friday, February 18, 2011

Lessons Learned

 I can't believe it has been so long since our last post.  On Wednesday Carl had a holiday for Mohamed's Birthday.  Our recent computer problems prompted me to use the day to consolidate and organize our family photos to ensure we would ~never~ever~ever~ lose them.  But you know how contagious organizing can be.  3 days later the photos are impeccably organized and safely backed up in 2 places, our 5 hard drives are also glistening with orderliness and Carl's movie collection is mid-trim.  Meanwhile, while files are transferring, we have still found time to run amuck.

 Theo and I found this beetle (at least we think it is a beetle) on the way to pick up Kaia from school.  It was so big that I didn't SEE it coming... I HEARD it crawling through the grass!!!  Ewwww!!!

  
And what a refreshing picture of Kaia, it really captures the excitement and joy that a 3 year old wears so beautifully every day.  What is she so excited about?

 Monkeys at the Blue Heron!  A troupe lives in the area and comes through occasionally.  We all had so much fun watching them play.  Here her friend Pray is turning her head to see the one that he is looking at.  He is a year older than her and always takes very good care of her!

Theo and his baby friend also enjoy watching the monkeys, but for them it is all a little less extraordinary.  I am so happy that we are able to raise him in an environment that he can learn Swahili fluently and think of monkeys the same way I think of squirrels.

So after a long week of living we have all learned a few things...
Theo learned that even though monkeys are very exciting... if he doesn't take his afternoon nap, making it through dinner can be a challenge.

 Kaia learned that she can suck noodles up through her straw.

I learned that if I give Kaia a bag of granola in the car it may end up as a paste all over Theo.  Interesting.

2 comments:

  1. awww, they are so cure, I really do miss them (and you and Carl as well) Is Theo up and walking around, or just occasionally when he really needs to get somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dave.
    I really missed seeing them this week but happy for you that all is organized on the computer.
    Wheeeeeeeeeeee Carl got a day off.

    ReplyDelete