Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bugs-n-Beef

The Grind.

I cooked up some stew beef into Goulash the other day.  First time I have ever done that.  Today I turned the bones into beef stock.  Looks delicious.  But now what is something yummy I can do with the beef stock?

Carl is back at school and that means we are back in the garden.  I don't remember if I mentioned it on the blog but we had a professional gardener come to the house to evaluate the garden.  It was a grim prognosis.  We have major infestations of nematodes, spider mites, white flies, and so many other things that I had to make a priority list.  Yesterday we broke down and bought organic pesticides.  Hope this investment pays out.  This nameless 'beauty'  likes to eat the daisy flowers.

Here is a before and after shot of the daisy after 'beauty' nibbles it.  Before Moses told me I was ready to accuse Kaia of pulling our her scissors again!

 After school today we went to visit with a family that Carl teaches at school.  They live out in the coffee fields.  What I wouldn't give to live with a view of endless landscape.  Meru was striking today.

And as promised... your next sneak peak at Kaia's D-D-D-D-D-Dora cake.  I know you are at the edge of your seat by now.  To be unveiled Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment