Thursday, April 21, 2011

Detox Blast

Carl and I have been drinking loads of coffee lately.  And even though we think we eat very very well there is always room for improvement and time for a cleanse.  We have never done this before and are both excited about it.  'Something different' I say.

 Last fall my brother organized this with a friend of his Rachelle Anslyn.  A gentle 5 day Detox.  I was breastfeeding at the time and put it off until later but now is as good a time as any.  If only we had thought to do it a few days earlier... then it wouldn't overlap Easter.  Rather ironically I just happened to be baking Kaia's birthday cake today too!!  With fresh brewed coffee in it!!  Somehow it wasn't that tempting though.  And with Carl on holiday we can do it at home together.

 The range in quantities was huge and Alice only goes to the market once a week so we wanted to be prepared.  Even buying in the middle of the recommended quantities filled our pantry.  Additionally the refrigerator is packed with spinach and the pantry with olives and cashews.  Really looks delicious!! 

Today went well overall.  Coffee was the hardest part.  We have been weening off it for a few days but today was still abrupt.  We both has some headaches and lethargic moments.  The worst part was that we must have gotten some bad produce because I had a rough but quick bout of food poisoning after lunch.  Rotten day for it but in a few hours I was fine and now I feel great.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

 Carl learned to braid today.  Ahhh, the things that make you fall more and more in love with someone.  I started the one on the right and he finished it.  He did the left one all by himself.  

And apparently we don't nap Theo nearly enough.  Today, during movie afternoon, he fell asleep on the floor while playing the sounds on his Pooh book.  Thank you Amy for always remembering to pull out your camera to beautifully capture my children on film.  So appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. ALL THE FRUIT AND VEGIES LOOK GREAT..GOOD LUCK!
    THEO DOES'T SEEM TO MIND WHERE HE SLEEPS...NOW THAT IS BEING ADAPTABLE I'D SAY.
    GOOD HAIR BRAIDING DADDY.

    ReplyDelete