Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crispy Fingers

Carl worked today.  Doesn't matter because after 3 more days we have a 20 day break :)

 After the morning rains the afternoon was gorgeous.  Theo loves to help Moses mow the lawn.  With all the rain and a fresh mow it looks like a golf coarse our there right now.

 Dearest Victoria, 
When you said we could borrow this toy for as long as we wanted I was so appreciative ( and should have taken your hint).  We have supplied him with fresh batteries and he is so much fun (driving me mad)!!  His arms don't wave about like you promised (threatened) but he sure can sing (and give headaches).  Some days I think those magic batteries will last forever (if I don't tear them out and hit myself over the head with them first).  We can't wait to see you again and return the favor (get even).
Love (bwahahaha),  PJ

While I was recovering from my pink frog headache I thought I would make some sugar syrup.  Unfortunately I had to remove it from the heat at just the right time.  I didn't have a candy thermometer so I had to play it by ear.  I missed and it was WAY too hard to use.  So I poured it into the garden in the backyard and buried it in the soil.  

Kaia saw me do it and knew it was sugar syrup.  We all know how she loves her sweets.  So I warned her that it was very hot and went inside.  I don't know what I was thinking but it honestly never occurred to me she would try to dig it up and eat it.  Gross.  She even managed to get a few stones and soil in her mouth before she felt the pain.  We have been nursing a burn on 4 fingertips all evening.  Poor girl. 

3 comments:

  1. Dear Kaia I am so sorry you burnt your fingers and know now what mommy meant when she said it was HOT!I hope your fingers are all better today sweetheart.
    Now Theo looks so happy helping Moses and I think Moses is as well..........look at the smiles on both their faces.Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still can't believe the honey thing. Today she almost burnt her fingers again grasping at her food for dinner. I'll be darned!!

    Anyway... in the new pic today of her painting the rock you may be able to see her lip is burnt too. It looks worse than her fingers, probably because we didn't tend to it at all yesterday. poor girl.

    Theo does get on so well with both moses and the night guard. it is very sweet. he is so 'boy'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha Ha! Don't say I didn't warn you about the frog...! Victoria

    p.s. I used to hide it when I got really desperate...

    ReplyDelete