Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Eggs

Cleanse is still going well.  Almost too well.  Today was the climax of the cleanse, only green smoothies spread throughout the day.  I didn't even think of coffee until just before dinner time.  Amazing how fast your body adjusts.  We spent the day indulging which may have helped.  We all took long warm scented baths and took long naps nestled under warm blankets.  Heavenly day.
We found this egg dying chart using only natural dyes online.  Using coffee, turmeric, beet, cabbage, and onion skins you can make 12 different colors.  In theory. 


 Well we ate a few eggs during the week and broke a few today so we had only 5 to dye.  Kaia choose to make 2 yellow and 2 blue.  Amazingly we started with eggs as brown as the one on the right.  I never thought it would turn out so well!!  Somehow they seem to bleach before they color but by then the texture is a bit off.  Next year we will find white eggs and pay more attention to stirring nicely to avoid the streaks.

Kaia also did her first sewing project today.  She is really into the crafts lately but still needs lots of assistance.  I poked the holes and she used a needle to decorate the edges with thread.  Her attention span is really increasing and she worked on this for quite a while as I worked online.  We sat together at my desk and it felt like she was such a big girl.  I am so proud of her!!

1 comment:

  1. interesting about egg dying and using natural dyes; we did some of that when I took a course dying woolen fabrics for my rug hooking projects.You did not know I was a former 'Hooker' did you.
    Kaia is doing so well with her fine motor skills and the butterfly is gorgeous dear!!!!

    ReplyDelete