Friday, April 22, 2011

Cake Decorating

Cleanse is going well.  Other than the initial caffeine withdrawal and food poisoning we don't have too many negative symptoms.  Definitely a little less energetic but life must go on with little ones!  

 In celebration of the holidays today at music makers we had a potluck which was great for the kids but rather unfortunate for Carl and I because we couldn't enjoy.  Then we had a bundi (owl) hunt.  The family lives on a huge mission property and there are a few bundi around.  We did find one bundi ( a great horned species) but not her mate.

 My doctor friend who makes the awesome cakes for weddings and birthdays offered to help me decorate Kaia's cake.  Despite much attempted coercion, this year Kaia wants 
A Dora Cake, with a map, and with two tiny people in it that say 'here's the map, here's the map, here's the map.
 Ok, so I can't fulfill all her dreams but I relent and Dora it is.  Of course I can't show you the finished cake until the big day (next Sunday) but I will post tidbits as the week progresses.  So far I have baked two very moist looking chocolate cakes and spent 6 hours with my fingers in frosting and still haven't tasted it.  :(

 So how did I find a free 6 hours to work on this you wonder?  Daddies Day.  What a blast!!  The big ones built it and the little ones got to throw balls at it to try and knock it down.

Trampoline, pool, sandbox, computer games, matchbox races, funny that the dads still seem gung ho to keep playing but the kids are getting a bit pooped. 

1 comment:

  1. I THINK WE'RE GOING TO BE VERY IMPRESSED WITH KAIA'S BIRTHDAY CAKE.IT SOUNDS LIKE AN AMBITIOUS ENTERPRISE.

    ReplyDelete