Thursday, March 24, 2011

1st Haircut

 We made a house today.  It's no tree house but it kept them entertained for quite a while.

 We also found a Black Mamba in the yard today.  At least that is what Moses said it was.  

 'Black mambas are fast, nervous, lethally venomous, and when threatened, highly aggressive. They have been blamed for numerous human deaths, and African myths exaggerate their capabilities to legendary proportions. For these reasons, the black mamba is widely considered the world’s deadliest snake.' ~National Geographic

The local snakes can be VERY dangerous and the locals definitely err on the side of caution which we completely support.  Moses killed him by chopping his head off and was so cautious that he then still moved the body to an empty lot.  When we looked up close it did look a lot like the photos I am finding online but it would have been very young.  Yet again we are eternally grateful to have Moses here every day.

 Kaia has been picking her own clothes for a long time now.  This isn't something I personally would have chosen but somehow she makes it work.

 Here she is cheering 'I have banana'.  It has become the running joke.

Here is Theo trying to do it too.  Actually he started it a few days ago.

But much more importantly you may notice something different about him.  I'll give you a minute to look at the picture and try to figure it out...

YES!!!  That's right!!!  
His hair has been cut.  
Today I asked Alice to keep an eye on the kids for a couple of hours while I helped Moses in the garden and this is what I came back to.  Kaia's defense was that she was trying to help Theo because he had hair in his eyes.  Dearest Lord, I thank you for yet another test of my patience.  The saddest part though is that with his beautiful baby soft bangs he still looked like my baby, but now he suddenly looks like a little boy.  That and it is totally crooked and looks absolutely ridiculous!  I am proud to say that I remained calm.  Carl and I are working on an appropriate consequence.  I said we should cut her hair to match!  Carl said that wasn't appropriate.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Sigh.  Hopefully it will grow back somewhat by the time we get home to visit.

ETA... also on a side note... Amy rents a car and the owner told her this morning that she needs her car back.  TODAY!!  Dear me.  Poor Amy.  Who does that?

2 comments:

  1. Wow a Black Mamba,even I know of them!Ask Moses if there could be more of them around.I always think of snake eggs being laid in 'clutch' or whatever the proper term is....Yuck............
    Now the hair cut is funny in its own way but at the same time I would not have been as cool as you.Appropiate consequence???????????I am happy I,m just the grandparent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot about Kaia's outfit..........not bad sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete