Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3x Charm

So as it turns out, the car isn't exactly fixed yet that was just Take 1
That or she is a whiny old woman with a vendetta against us.

 Take 2:  After 2 days of appreciated freedom she just didn't start.  So here is your troubleshooting challenge.  

I turned the key... 
heard a few normal noises... 
then everything went dead... 
the key wouldn't come out of the ignition.  

If you guessed the battery then 10 points for you.  Luckly it happened at ISM (unluckily it happened with a car of kids and mommies ready to go home).  The ISM bus driver pounded the connections with the stone shone above.  No problem to get home as long as I don't stop the engine along the way.  When we got it home Moses screwed them in tighter.

PJ-ism
But ON the way home was the most fun of all.  I should also mention that we let our insurance lapse because we didn't want to pay if the car wasn't fixable.  We reinstated it on Monday morning but I had to get home to get the papers in my hands.

I of coarse got stopped by a policeman.  Our driver's window doesn't open so I had to open the door to talk to him.  He wants to see my license.  It is in the glove compartment and for some reason the mechanics locked it.  So I  need to turn off the engine to get the key to open the glove compartment.  Of coarse!!  Think PJ Think!!  The Battery!!  But I don't think of it in time.  The key won't come out of the ignition, I can't get into the glove box to get my license, the car won't start again, AND while he is waiting he notices that our insurance is expired.  I am trying to explain everything to him through my open door.  By this time I am worked up into such a frenzy that he waves me on.  Miraculously the car starts!!  And we are on our way.

 Take 3: Tuesday.  The very next day.  Your next Troubleshooting Challenge.

Car starts normally, put into reverse, it won't turn...
Try forward and reverse... 
definitely broken.

I know, too easy, but if you guessed the steering belt then 10 points for you. While they were fixing it they also found it was too long, and so was the AC belt, so now all the belts are the correct length.  They say the 3rd time is the charm, all we can do is hope.

 Meanwhile we are stuck in the garden again.  Harvesting bananas.  Yum!!

I mean... OH NO!!  This is how much is left from one tree after 2 banana meals, snacks for 3 days, and 5 loaves of banana bread!!!  Another tree has just fallen during the storms.  The kids had just returned to normal skin tone after avocado season, now I fear they are turning slightly yellow.

Also Kaia helped pick the flavors for the banana bread...
plain, cinnamon, walnut, mulberry, and chocolate. 

2 comments:

  1. Really excited to see a new Blog up today but after reading of your troubles I REALLY REALLY felt sorry for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Does this mean the car is now working after the changes in the belts?
    You seem to keep a sense of humour, which will help everyone to weather the storm of an old car's protestations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA, yes, they say the car is fine now. But I am going to stick with driving with Carl the next few times. Even with a sense of humor I am going with better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete