Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Gas Oven

Yes.  Still Stranded.  
Something about a connection, another piece, test drives, yadda yadda.


Sorry, I meant... 
Yes!  Still Stranded!

Over the last 2 weeks I have learned A LOT about the garden!!  And I of coarse still have lots more to learrn.  But (for your next trivia event) did you know...
Banana trees grow in clumps like this one.  You plant one baby and as it matures its roots begin to grow more babies.  I think it takes about a year for a tree to mature and bear fruit and a whole lot of water.  Bananas has one of the largest water requirement to fruit ratios.  And each tree will only produce ONE bunch of bananas.  Can you believe!!  Then you have to cut it down and wait for the babies to produce fruit.  Interesting?  Debatable, but it is to me :)

Once upon a time I thought a man would complete me.  Then I thought my children would complete me.  But as it turns out a gas-electric stove was what I needed most.  Imagine this.  The power goes off, you were just in the middle of making dinner, you are dreaming of warm fresh baked bread, the night guard needs a coffee or he will wake us with his snoring, and the water is not warm yet for baths.  No worries babe!!  I don't even care that there is a tremendously dangerous gas can in the smack dab middle of my kitchen.

Super Gardening Ballerina makes her debut!  
She is stronger that Moses 
(or so she insists)
She can climb Mt. Meru in a single leap
(the nickname for the big pile of dirt in the yard)
And she can scarf down a glass of lemonade in record time
(nothing in brackets needed)
She's our super girl!!

2 comments:

  1. Well I have never seen such a cute super gardening ballerina before.
    While those gardening boots do make a fashion statement I can't envision them helping her to leap high mountains or doing a piroette.............however for garden work?.....you bet!
    Can you use the oven and top of stove now Pamela?
    Sorry about the car,I guess you are impacted the most.
    Is there not some one from the school that can use their influence to speed things up? There should be some help from that direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the cutest when she is trying to walk or dance in them! Too bad I can't seem to upload video.

    Don't know about the oven yet. I am guessing we will find out today. Somehow last night I promised Kaia we would make candy cookies today!! Lapse of sanity I guess.

    We are doing alright at home. For the most part I am really enjoying tackling the garden... it is only frustrating because my mind comes up with ideas SO much faster than I can accomplish them with the little ones to entertain. I will be a lot of driving next week to make up for all the favors of others this week and I KNOW I enjoy being in garden more than driving across town... so I need to chill, relax, and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete