Friday, March 18, 2011

Ya Banana

It's raining!  It's pouring!
Need mops to clean the flooring.
There's a pool in my backyard,
Kaia's swimming with the swiss chard.

Forgot just how much rain comes!  Yesterday around 2 it started raining and hasn't let up since.  Car guy says we might get the car back today and that would  be fantastic because with full on rain and no power we will quickly run out of things to do.  Ironic that we survive on hydro power here but the power almost always goes off when the rain comes.

 Carl came home with flowers for no reason.  11 for me and 1 for Kaia.  Very nice.
 
 
Amongst all the weeds we found a potato sort of veggie.  Even Alice had never cooked with them before but we turned one into a nice potato soup yesterday.  

 
Turns out our 'cook bananas' are only cook bananas if they are green.  Once they turn yellow they are very sweet 'sweet bananas'.  Understanding bananas is turning out to be way more complicated than I had thought it would be.  My present understanding is we have 3 types of bananas on the property...
  1. Sweet bananas... cannot eat green, sweet when yellow
  2. Cook bananas... for cooking when green, sweet when yellow
  3. Fry bananas... will never be sweet, not good for cooking, only good for frying.
I am sure my current understanding will evolve multiple times before I have the truth.  But I don't think that Alice or Moses really know, they just like to have an answer when you ask a question.

No comments:

Post a Comment