Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Frog Prince

Sadly the garden is getting the best of me this week.  My only short term goal was to thoroughly weed so we could continue with only maintenance weeding.  But everything grows so much in the rainy season and we hadn't weeded in a while.  Then I found a pile of weeds growing in compost, decided to move the compost, thought to transplant some banana trees, started digging some holes for them and found another previous tenants garbage pile.  I am so discouraged.  It is so old, and big, and deep, and has all been burnt, half decayed, so gross.  At least there are no diapers, those are the worst.  We are digging tunnels under the vegetables trying to get at it.  Yuck.  And such slow work.  Can't work while it is raining.  Bright side I guess is that the garden will surely do better if it isn't trying to grow on a garbage pile.  Sigh.

 Yesterday I was lucky enough to be the first car stopped for the President to drive by.  All the cars you see coming towards me were in the entourage, it was enormous and they were traveling way too fast for a small dirt road.  At 900 in the morning I already noticed a very heavy police presence... they seem to be dropped every km or so.  It wasn't until 1230 that he finally came through.  That's a lot of tax dollars!!  I was driving with Fionn's nanny and commented that I had noticed he was very well respected.  With a smile she replied yes and touched her heart. 

 Here is Theo sleeping in this morning.  This is his favorite position, looks totally uncomfortable to me.

 While Kaia was in school we found 3 snails and this huge honkin' frog that I built up the courage to hold so he could see it up close.  He was shockingly unimpressed.  I also cleaned out all the lemon grass today and now I look like a rat attacked me.

 Playgroup for Theo at Kaia's classroom on Wednesdays.  On account of our car it has been a long time since we made it.  Sadly the rain kept most people home.

 And the inside.  After a long day at school Kaia is still keen to show off her classroom.  Where does she learn to stand like that?  Because I didn't teach her.  She was line leader today... she takes attendance, counts the students, some other things, and leads the class wherever they go.  She loves to come home and tell us who got out of line. 

Here Theo helps bring out the dishes for dinner.  He looks so purposeful but don't let it fool you.  Less than 5 steps later the dishes were on the floor and Theo was running down the porch with the spoons.  Ah well.  That's what 'tomorrow' is for.

1 comment:

  1. THEO LOOKS SO CUTE IN HIS 'JAMMIES'WITH THE REAR UP IN THE AIR.
    THE SIZE OF YOUR FROGS IMPRESSES ME!
    KAIA THE POSER,AND THE LINE LEADER.......WOW THAT IS QUITE A RESPONSIBILITY KAIA,I BET YOU DID A GOOD JOB .

    ReplyDelete