Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gold Sequins

Our Anniversary this weekend!  4 years since we married.  10 since we started dating.  Hasn't gotten boring yet!  Last year I redecorated Carl's gym room.  This year we sat on the couch trying to remember the date for sure but too lazy to get up and check.  I know you're jealous!

Wonderful friend lent us her car for 4 1/2 days while she is out of town so we feel like normal people again. 

One vital car-requiring errand hanging over our heads was Theo's Yellow Fever vaccination.  He can't enter Canada without it.  Here he is just before the shot.  He handled it pretty well.  Kaia couldn't watch, she ran down the hall to wait it out and came back to give him a stuffed crocodile when it was done.

With Canada on our minds we were wondering today if all our hosts will serve meals on the front porch with a dog to clean up.  

Last night Carl and I went out.  Together.  Like adults.  With adults.  In our own car.  Not for our anniversary but it was a nice coincidence.  It was the birthday of a friend and he hosted a cocktail party.  He was planning on wearing a tux so we decked out too.  I found this at Matoomba the local 2nd hand market.  Kaia LOVED it!!  I would have posed myself but it is so tight and was hard enough to get it on the first time!  It was an outdoor event with no chairs which was perfect because I don't think I could have sat down in it anyway!

2 comments:

  1. We have a back porch but no dog and on cooler days we eat in the kitchen that has 'mopable'floors.
    Now the sequined dress looked great as you must have Pamela.Nice to be able to dress up for a change.I do'nt imagine Carl had a tux but I bet he looked nice as well.....good looking couple!
    KUDOS TO Theo for being brave and for Kaia showing her concern.
    I am so sorry about the car ...........again.Are they continuing to try and fix it? Does the school have any info about good mechanics in the area or are they it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE dressing up! And I am sure Kaia won't grow out of it either!!

    Good to hear about your mopable floors :) We are also working on spoon use skills. We still have time.

    The school's trusted mechanic recommended this place because they specialize in automatic cars. We do think our car is in good hands. Or at least the best hands available.

    ReplyDelete