Friday, March 11, 2011

Elephant Flag

18 days ago our gear box broke.   The have also fixed a few other minor problems.  Friday they did the final final final test drive and guess what happened... the gear box broke!!   Back to square one. 

Last weekend was International Day at ISM.  A super fun day that draws everyone out.  The central area at ISM is a cafeteria/theater and it hosts performances all day long, everything from Indian Raga to Belly Dancing.  Tents filled with food, clothes, and culture occupy the surrounding space.  This year the North American tent was awesome for kids... bows and arrows, a campfire to roast marshmallows and hot dogs, 3 kid sized tee pees, and craft table to make your own American Indian headdress.  Also noteworthy... this year Israel and the Middle Eastern countries shared a tent and offered fine cuisine, tea, and hennas.


Last year at International Day you could bring a wooden elephant home with you and paint it to represent you and/or  your family.  This year they displayed them.  We are a family of 4 and we have each been born in a different country!  So these are the four countries of our births.  Big flags for mommies and daddies, little flags for wee ones.

This morning Carl started to do the dishes.  Thank goodness it wasn't me, i think my heart would have stopped for a minute.  Poor gecko, he must have been terrified!!

I generally put Kaia down for a nap if she takes one in the afternoon.  Today I completely forgot I had booked a student and she showed up right as I was walking Kaia down the hall.  So I asked her to be a big girl, put herself down for a nap, and that I would come get her when I finished.  I figured she would just play and read stories but when I finished this is what I found :)

You know your kids are living happy healthy lives when... this is what the bath water looks like every day.

2 comments:

  1. No pics here..............boo hoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you must know any grandma would just love that pic of sleeping Kaia.I recognize the bunny hat I made a couple of years ago and it fits finally.Very nice flag!!!

    ReplyDelete