Saturday, November 6, 2010

Daddy's 8 hour shift

Today Carl had the opportunity to be a stay at home dad for the day.  He did great!!  They didn't do too much.  They played marbles, ate lunch, took naps.  I came home to a clean house with 2 sleeping children.  Well done Daddy!

I went to an introductory homeopathic course.  A woman at school is a homeopath and she is giving a 2 day class today and next Saturday.  It was pretty pricey so I have been on the fence all week but I definitely made the right choice.  She is a great teacher and it was so interesting.  So practical too.  Sure missed the kids though.

At home Kaia and I picked the strawberries from the yard.  They are delicious but itty bitty.  We are getting about 30-50 every other day.  I have been asking around for months and months to find a proper strawberry plant rather than the wild ones.  A few weeks ago I found one.  A friend's mother came to visit from Switzerland and she smuggled clippings.  She gave me one of her 4 plants.  It is our pride and joy.

 Then I tutored.  At 500 on a Saturday evening!!  My student is in grade 9 and is a good student.  She just isn't very confident in math, she will be fine in no time.  I like her a lot.  As for the rest of the family, more Daddy time.  This time he took them shopping and came home with a bag of yummy treats. 

After dinner it's movie night!!  Ducktales tonight.  And as you can see Kaia's hair is nice and clean.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Daddy!!! They so cute there in popcorn pic.Does Theo get any popcorn to eat?
    It must be nice having a student again Pamela.
    Strawberries look good too.Are they nice and sweet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so I know popcorn is a choking hazard but we do let Theo have some and just watch him carefully. He doesn't even like it that much, but if we are eating it then he HAS to have it too!! Second child syndrome I think.

    Strawberries are incredibly sweet but they are so small that you need a whole handful to get the flavor. Can't wait until the 2 on the new plant with proper sized strawberries ripens!

    LOVE having students again. I have 3 now. Girl in grade 10 with very poor background. Girl in grade 9 with low confidence but otherwise pretty strong. Boy in grade 6 with low concentration. He is new and the first time I meet him is tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete