Friday, November 12, 2010

Theo's Fever

 Kaia doesn't let me do her hair that often so when she asks me to I jump at the chance. She really isn't supposed to pick the flowers in the yard either.  Today maybe she put two and two together to realize that to get out of getting in trouble for picking the flowers she could get me to put them in her hair.  I guess some days it is just easier to give in, especially when she looks so darn cute.

 Then she quietly fell asleep in the hammock.  She has been there long enough that she is beginning to get covered in the red flowers that fall from the tree.

View from hammock.  Not a bad place to fall asleep.

Theo sadly was sick all day.  He woke up at 630 completely fine but by 730 had a fever of 102F.  We warded it off homeopathically in the morning and he was doing well by lunch.  But after a nap the high fever returned and we turned to acetaminophen in the evening.  After 2 doses and a good night sleep he is now doing better.  The doc (who we are so lucky to have and who doesn't mind if we call at 7 pm on a Friday night) said there is a 24 hour fever going around so hopefully he will be fine now.  Most unfortunately, since I have been missing him due to all the time I have been putting into WIA and tutoring, I had cleared my morning to spend with him.  We were going to go see all his little friends at Music Makers and have a Theo day.  We still had a Theo day, but he didn't enjoy it very much.  And don't worry, he got lots of hugs, kisses, and back rubs 'from grandma'.

No comments:

Post a Comment