Tuesday, November 30, 2010

He Ha Her

I love the days that playgroup is our biggest 'obligation'.

 It's not like we segregate them upon arrival.  Why does this always happen?

 Dad do you recognize this new kitten?
 This is Theo's first bike ride.  It had a big sturdy sitting area he had a great time being pulled around on it!

 This is the woman who introduced me to blogging.  Bless her.  Also she doesn't speak German but is reading a book in German.  Pretty entertaining. 

 She gave me a bread recipe that I excitedly ran home to try this afternoon.  This is the first bread I have ever made in my life.  It didn't turn out right.  I am pretty sure the two loaves are supposed to be bigger than my fist.  I am going to have to sheepishly ask for more interactive directions.

 This is our front door.  I put a bungee in the gap to tighten it so the cat would stop coming in.  If you close it too hard though Kaia can't come in either.  So I taught her to push quickly and really hard and grunt 'heave ho!'  Only she now loudly pronounces 'he ha her' every single time it is a little tight!!!

Incidentally, since we are talking about doors, this is our office door.  Last year when I spent one of our holidays organizing the pile of keys that came with the house I searched high and low for this key.  Can you see what is wrong with this lock?  Want to guess why it didn't matter in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting non- lock.

    Bread has potential.I have had same problem at times.Warm moist air in atmosphere is ideal. Some hints are; proofing your yeast,is rising temp warm enough,try covering with cloth or sometimes placing it in plastic bag for rising,are ingredients at room temperatures prior to making bread,the denser the ingredients the longer it takes to rise.Is this any help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Helpful. What is 'proofing your yeast'? And I heated the water because the recipe called for warm water... is it possible I warmed it too much and killed the yeast? Going to try again in a few days after I buy salt(Alice keeps using all the salt!). Bread is disappearing though... good ol' carl.

    ReplyDelete